Top 10 Fashion Trends For Spring 2013
The year is just zooming by and what’s on every fashionista`s mind, what’s upcoming and must haves for spring 2013. From all the street style and runway updates, I will feature what my fashion must have’s are, and what has caught my eye from all my fashion creeping over the past few months.
- CARTOON GRAPHIC TEES
- Graphic prints stole the street style show at Spring 2013 fashion week, but that doesn’t mean designers weren’t on the same page. Marc Jacobs use Mickey Mouse on crop tops. Safe to say there will be some graphic content in the spring time.
- BARE MIDRIFF
- You better be ready to bare it all in the spring because the crop top reigned supreme on the runways. Fitted bralettes were spotted in Toronto at Pink Tartan as well as in Paris at Miu Miu, making it a look to watch out for. Sit ups start…now.
- FILING SUITS
- The suit was huge during Fall 2012 Fashion Week and the trend has carried on into the spring. Instead of geometric prints, designers have opted for more monochromatic takes on the power suit and made them in bold colours to punch up the loo.
- MIXED PRINTS
- Mixed prints is often one of the most feared fashion risks, that’s why we see dare devil taking risks.
- OUT THERE ACCESSORIES
- Accessories on the Spring 2013 runways were unmissable. From the out of this world Hoola Hoop bag at Chanel to the furry slipper shoes at Celine to the toe socks at Prada– were shown that accessories are major for Spring.
- PEEK A BOO
- If baring your midriff isn’t an ideal Spring trend for you (we’re with you) then the sheer trend may be better. From see through bags at Burberry to geometric square heels at Balenciaga, the peek a boo trend is an easy one to embrace.
- SEEING RED
- Carrying on with the monochromatic look, designers and street stylers were seeing red. The bold colour stood out on the runways and caught the eye of street style photographers.
- There was a definite blast from the past on the Spring runways–Marc Jacobs brought back Edie Segwick and Joe Fresh created clothing for a 60s astronaut girl. The 60s will be alive again in 2013.
- Continuing on with the structure that we saw in the Fall, structure is still going strong. Full skirts and sharp exaggerated line on jackets will be carrying us on straight into next fall, we’re sure.